Application deadline is April 1, 2021
A minimum of 3 – $1000 scholarships will be awarded.
This scholarship was established in 1998 by the Board of Directors of the Calcite Credit Union. The Board believes strongly that education is the key that will open the door for future success and opportunities. Accordingly, it is their wish that all students be encouraged to continue their education post high school.
Please complete the application below in its entirety. A personal interview may also be requested.
Applicants of this scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Be a graduating senior of Presque Isle, Alpena, Cheboygan, or Emmet counties
- Parent or applicant must be a member of Calcite Credit Union for a minimum of 1 year
- Must enroll in a full-time college program subsequent high school graduation
- Must become a member before the scholarship funds are dispersed
Applicant must also provide the following additional documents:
- A one-page biographical summary of your background, organizations, interests, goals, and dreams
- A copy of your high school transcript
- Two teacher recommendations
- One outside recommendation (employer, church leader, club or organization leader, etc.)